Rules for Submissions

tim
Site Admin

Rules for Submissions

Postby tim » Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:21 am

Once again this year I'm offering an incentive to enlist readers to scour the nation in search of good science and nature writing: Send me an article that I haven't found, and if the article makes it into the anthology, I'll mail you two free copies of next year's edition. That's double the value of last year's prize. (This desperate, once-this-year-only offer is prompted by last year's remarkably underwhelming response.) I'll even sign them, which will augment their value incalculably. (A true statement, by the way, there being no calculable difference between copies signed or unsigned by me.) All submissions must follow a few ground rules: They must have been published in the United States during the 2010 calendar year and must be nonfiction articles about science or the environment. No poetry. Essays are also welcome. The articles can be from magazines, newspapers, or the Web. I'll forward a few dozen of the best articles I've read to the guest editor of the series, who will choose the final 25 or so.

Please include either the entire publication, a tear sheet, or a high-quality photocopy of the original that clearly shows the author's name, the publication date, and the name of the publication. Please also e-mail a pdf version to me: tf@timfolger.net. All submissions must reach me by the end of the first week in January 2011. The best way for publications to guarantee that all their articles are considered for inclusion in the anthology would be to place me on their subscription list.

All submissions for The Best American Science and Nature Writing should be sent to:

Tim Folger
Best American Science and Nature Writing
3617 Zia Drive
Gallup, New Mexico 87301

Return to “News and Announcements”