nomination.

Send me your favorite articles from 2015, and maybe win a free copy of next year's anthology.
oakanji1

nomination.

Postby oakanji1 » Tue Dec 08, 2015 11:42 pm

I would like to nominate Kathryn Schulz's article, "The Really Big One". In her article, she examines geological change as a result of earthquakes. She asserts that people are not prepared for the catastrophic future, emphasizing that people need a plan to handle it. She includes the fact of previous earthquakes in order to hint to readers that there is bound to be more destructive ones in the future. Schulz article is an effective work of literature because it creates a calling to action effect in readers and persuades them to work to prevent the grim future they are slowly and inevitably creeping towards. I recommend that you read her article yourself, so I provided the link below.

http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2015/07/20/the-really-big-one

tim
Site Admin

Re: nomination.

Postby tim » Wed Dec 09, 2015 2:33 pm

Thanks for suggesting the article, Oakanji1. It is indeed a good one. I have a subscription to the New Yorker so I spotted it over the summer, and I will be including it in the package of articles I send to next year's guest editor, who will make the final selections for the 2016 edition of the anthology. Please keep your eye out for other articles that I might have missed!

Return to “Nominate articles for next year's collection”